Who pays for the uninsured, and how much?
According to a 2009 US Census Report, 50.7 Million People are uninsured in the United States. That is 16.7% of the population. Or one of every six people. You might be surprised who is uninsured.
The cost of health care for the uninsured is paid for by the government and […]
What You Don’t Know Can Hurt America: A Voter’s Guide
This e-Book by GBO writer Eric Wilson delivers the facts about current events. No spin, just startlingly effective analysis to cut to the chase and allow you to make the most informed decisions possible. A great guide for anyone looking to understand current events, and a great resource for anyone needing to […]
Tea Party Hypocricy
No one can deny the Tea Party has had an incredible influence on American politics. In this 2 part video, we delve into the main reasons their arguments don’t hold water.
The right wing calls it a grassroots awakening. Well…….grassroots groups usually don’t have millions in corporate sponsorships, […]
Recently, I (SC below) had the pleasure of conducting an interview with Jeffrey Hollender (JH below), Co-Founder and former CEO of Seventh Generation as well as co-founder of the American Sustainable Business Council as part of our sustainable business strategy series on GreenBusinessOwner.com. Mr. Hollender has a new […]
Another externality that doesn’t receive much attention is the disposal of petrochemically-derived pharmaceuticals. Studies show that drugs leach from landfills and are often flushed down toilets, allowing the chemicals to infiltrate drinking and irrigation water. Results from wildlife studies have shown that these endocrine disrupters can have significant impacts on sex and other reproductive characteristics. […]
New law in San Francisco asks McDonald’s to make Happy Meals healthy meals, or not include a toy with them. Republicans slam the effort as socialism…and ignore external health costs borne by the children, and financial costs borne by the taxpayer resulting from childhood health problems like diabetes, ADD, ADHD, and the […]
With Election 2010 Behind Us, Where Do Progressives Turn?
With oil money behind much of the Tea Party’s success, GreenBusinessOwner.com argues that the only way to move society forward is to break our addiction to oil. The beauty is that politics are largely irrelevant, and we don’t have to wait for election night 2012 to participate once again.
Election 2010 is […]
The Need for Public Health Insurance Explained
It might be a little on the simplistic side, but this short video boils down the rhetoric, screeching, special interest misinformation campaigns, and astroturf pseudo-movements regarding health care reform into an entertaining and clear message.
The special interest groups want desperately to cloud this issue with Hitler references, made-up statistics, and screaming ill-informed screaming matches, […]
Get your signed copy of
Build a Green Small Business (McGraw-Hill)!
Or...talk with the author!
Click here to schedule an hour consultation.
- Green franchise opportunities:
- Healthy Fast Food
- Farmer's Market
- Personal Trainer & Diet Planner
- Juice Bar and Smoothie Café
- Green Building Materials Store
- Permaculture and Urban Farming
- Edible and Organic Floristry
- Energy Efficiency Auditing
- Ecotourism and Sustainable Travel Planner
- Sustainable Coffee House
- Consignment Shop for Kids Clothing & Toys
- Natural Foods Co-op
- Sustainable Food Prep and Cooking Instruction
- Food Plant Nursery
- Mesh Network Telephone and Internet Company
- Drive-thru Coffee Stand & Espresso Shop
- Eco-Friendly House Cleaning Service
- Organic Backyard Garden Landscape Design
- Green Bed and Breakfast (B&B)
- Sustainable Mobile Food Vendor
- Biodiesel Cooperative
- Eco Friendly Pool and Spa Cleaning
- Green Wedding and Sustainable Event Planner
- Organic Farm
- Gift Basket Service
- Pedicab Company
- Used Books Vending Machines
- Organic Day Spa
- Restaurant Food Delivery Service
- Used Bicycle Retailer
- Landscape Maintenance in Arid climates
- Organic Food Delivery Service
- Outdoor Gear Consignment Shop
- Eco Concierge Service and Relocation Specialist
- Organic Community Supported Agriculture
- Sustainable Property Management
- Residential Solar
Get a customized report on the Cost of Solar for your business or home today!