No one can deny the Tea Party has had an incredible influence on American politics. In this 2 part video, we delve into the main reasons their arguments don’t hold water.
The right wing calls it a grassroots awakening. Well…….grassroots groups usually don’t have millions in corporate sponsorships, so the Tea Party seems to me more like a mercenary army in a very unfunny war against the American people’s best interests.
At GreenBusinessOwner.com, we think there’s a better way than throwing temper tantrums whenever things don’t go our way, breaking things, and destroying the government.
It’s called sustainability. It benefits people, companies, the planet, and creates community. Everyone wins…except the Koch brothers and Exxon Mobil. Sorry guys, but you’ve had a good run. It’s time to wake up and smell what you’re shoveling.
If you like this video, please spread it around on your social networks by copying and pasting the URL at top (or this shortened one: http://bit.ly/qcREOc) into your facebook status, twitter feed, etc., or via email by sending the URL to people.
Citations from the video:
Scott Cooney (twitter: scottcooney) is an adjunct professor of Sustainability in the MBA program at the University of Hawai'i, green business startup coach, author of Build a Green Small Business: Profitable Ways to Become an Ecopreneur (McGraw-Hill), and developer of the sustainability board game GBO Hawai'i. Scott has started, grown and sold two mission-driven businesses, failed miserably at a third, and is currently in his fourth. Scott's current company has three divisions: a sustainability blog network that includes the world's biggest clean energy website and reached over 5 million readers in December 2013 alone; Pono Home, a turnkey and franchiseable green home consulting service that won entrance into the clean tech incubator known as Energy Excelerator; and Cost of Solar, a solar lead generation service to connect interested homeowners and solar contractors. In his spare time, Scott surfs, plays ultimate frisbee and enjoys a good, long bike ride. Find Scott on Google Plus
Get your signed copy of
Build a Green Small Business (McGraw-Hill)!
Or...talk with the author!
Click here to schedule an hour consultation.
- Green franchise opportunities:
- Healthy Fast Food
- Farmer's Market
- Personal Trainer & Diet Planner
- Juice Bar and Smoothie Café
- Green Building Materials Store
- Permaculture and Urban Farming
- Edible and Organic Floristry
- Energy Efficiency Auditing
- Ecotourism and Sustainable Travel Planner
- Sustainable Coffee House
- Consignment Shop for Kids Clothing & Toys
- Natural Foods Co-op
- Sustainable Food Prep and Cooking Instruction
- Food Plant Nursery
- Mesh Network Telephone and Internet Company
- Drive-thru Coffee Stand & Espresso Shop
- Eco-Friendly House Cleaning Service
- Organic Backyard Garden Landscape Design
- Green Bed and Breakfast (B&B)
- Sustainable Mobile Food Vendor
- Biodiesel Cooperative
- Eco Friendly Pool and Spa Cleaning
- Green Wedding and Sustainable Event Planner
- Organic Farm
- Gift Basket Service
- Pedicab Company
- Used Books Vending Machines
- Organic Day Spa
- Restaurant Food Delivery Service
- Used Bicycle Retailer
- Landscape Maintenance in Arid climates
- Organic Food Delivery Service
- Outdoor Gear Consignment Shop
- Eco Concierge Service and Relocation Specialist
- Organic Community Supported Agriculture
- Sustainable Property Management
- Residential Solar
Get a customized report on the Cost of Solar for your business or home today!
Thanks Scott. I just finished an article about the deficit and the GOP history of dealing with it. I live in Red State Ground Zero and stumbling across your rant put a bit of sunshine in my day. Thanks and keep up the good work!
[…] in opposition to deficit spending, Reagan was able to win a second term. (That was a joke–the Tea Party never cared about deficit spending before President Obama came to office). Perhaps more importantly, through a series of propaganda […]