In our latest installment in our marketing green category, we take a look at using promotional gifts to market your company. We at GreenBusinessOwner.com have been doing this for years, and we love the results. We’ve printed our logo and brand name on reusable coffee mugs, stainless steel water bottles, and reusable cloth bags.
In terms of sustainability, you’re making a statement by creating a green good–reusable items people will enjoy while also reducing their footprint when they use them. In addition, you’re getting the benefits of branding. In marketing, the rule of thumb is that people have to see your name 7x before they make a purchase and decide to give your company a go. So let’s run some numbers.
If you advertise on the web, you may expect to pay anywhere from 50 cents to $2 per click to get people to come to your website. If it takes them 7 clicks to buy something, your customer acquisition cost is anywhere from $3.50 to $14. A reusable coffee mug not only helps your customer reduce their footprint, it puts your logo in front of them 7 times a week if they’re regular coffee or tea drinkers. And it may cost you anywhere from a few bucks and up depending on where you buy your promotional gifts and how many you buy (bulk orders means a fairly substantial price drop in many cases).
But the mug, many would argue, is way better than online ads. It might help breed customer loyalty because you’ve a) given a gift to your customer, and b) helped them become eco-cool in the meantime.
But the bottom line is that you’ve just achieved a result all companies want: positive PR and a connection to customers (and/or employees).
is many, many people. We publish a number of guest posts from experts in a large variety of fields. This is our contributor account for those special people. :D
- Green franchise opportunities:
- Healthy Fast Food
- Farmer's Market
- Personal Trainer & Diet Planner
- Juice Bar and Smoothie Café
- Green Building Materials Store
- Permaculture and Urban Farming
- Edible and Organic Floristry
- Energy Efficiency Auditing
- Ecotourism and Sustainable Travel Planner
- Sustainable Coffee House
- Consignment Shop for Kids Clothing & Toys
- Natural Foods Co-op
- Sustainable Food Prep and Cooking Instruction
- Food Plant Nursery
- Mesh Network Telephone and Internet Company
- Drive-thru Coffee Stand & Espresso Shop
- Eco-Friendly House Cleaning Service
- Organic Backyard Garden Landscape Design
- Green Bed and Breakfast (B&B)
- Sustainable Mobile Food Vendor
- Biodiesel Cooperative
- Eco Friendly Pool and Spa Cleaning
- Green Wedding and Sustainable Event Planner
- Organic Farm
- Gift Basket Service
- Pedicab Company
- Used Books Vending Machines
- Organic Day Spa
- Restaurant Food Delivery Service
- Used Bicycle Retailer
- Landscape Maintenance in Arid climates
- Organic Food Delivery Service
- Outdoor Gear Consignment Shop
- Eco Concierge Service and Relocation Specialist
- Organic Community Supported Agriculture
- Sustainable Property Management
- Residential Solar
Get a customized report on the Cost of Solar for your business or home today!