The countdown is on! The plastic bag webinar will be held Wednesday June 6, at 6 PM EST, 3 PM PST, right here on this page. The slides are embedded below, and the call-in info is listed below.
If you’re interested in future webinars, please join our newsletter over there —->
We all know plastic bags are bad:
- They’re ubiquitous.
- They have a very short useful life, followed by eons of just hanging around because they don’t biodegrade.
- While they’re technically recyclable, only about 5% are actually recycled, and when they are recycled, they can’t make more plastic bags…they must be turned into other things, and there’s not much of a market for those raw materials.
- They are often confused for jellyfish and become a real hazard for turtles and other marine life that confuse them for real food.
- They contain chemicals like phthalates which may well be harming our reproductive systems.
- There’s 46 times more plastic in parts of our ocean than plankton.
So how do we reduce their use? Some places have banned them outright. Others have imposed fees. Many retailers are behind these efforts because plastic bags are an unnecessary expense for them. Municipalities are on board because these bags become the public’s (i.e., the taxpayers’) problem and take resources away from schools, firefighters, and other needed services.
What: Win-win plastic bag reduction strategies for businesses, consumers, and communities.
Who: Scott Cooney of GreenBusinessOwner.com, Jennifer Chirico of the Sustainable Living Institute of Maui, Priti Ambani, Managing Editor at Ecopreneurist and Sustainability Consultant at GreenDen Consultancy, and Suzette Bergeron of Bulletin Bag.
When: Wednesday June 6th, at 6 PM EST/3 PM PST
How: Slides are embedded below. Call-in number is 305-848-8888, press 1, then enter our conference code: 6502510332
In the meantime, please help us collect some best practices by filling out this survey!
Many thanks! We’ll see you June 6th!
This webinar and accompanying materials are free!
There are no strings attached, and we’re not upselling anything. This is a free service of GreenBusinessOwner.com, thanks to generous support by our advertising sponsors.
Scott Cooney (twitter: scottcooney) is an adjunct professor of Sustainability in the MBA program at the University of Hawai'i, green business startup coach, author of Build a Green Small Business: Profitable Ways to Become an Ecopreneur (McGraw-Hill), and developer of the sustainability board game GBO Hawai'i. Scott has started, grown and sold two mission-driven businesses, failed miserably at a third, and is currently in his fourth. Scott's current company has three divisions: a sustainability blog network that includes the world's biggest clean energy website and reached over 5 million readers in December 2013 alone; Pono Home, a turnkey and franchiseable green home consulting service that won entrance into the clean tech incubator known as Energy Excelerator; and Cost of Solar, a solar lead generation service to connect interested homeowners and solar contractors. In his spare time, Scott surfs, plays ultimate frisbee and enjoys a good, long bike ride. Find Scott on Google Plus
- Green franchise opportunities:
- Healthy Fast Food
- Farmer's Market
- Personal Trainer & Diet Planner
- Juice Bar and Smoothie Café
- Green Building Materials Store
- Permaculture and Urban Farming
- Edible and Organic Floristry
- Energy Efficiency Auditing
- Ecotourism and Sustainable Travel Planner
- Sustainable Coffee House
- Consignment Shop for Kids Clothing & Toys
- Natural Foods Co-op
- Sustainable Food Prep and Cooking Instruction
- Food Plant Nursery
- Mesh Network Telephone and Internet Company
- Drive-thru Coffee Stand & Espresso Shop
- Eco-Friendly House Cleaning Service
- Organic Backyard Garden Landscape Design
- Green Bed and Breakfast (B&B)
- Sustainable Mobile Food Vendor
- Biodiesel Cooperative
- Eco Friendly Pool and Spa Cleaning
- Green Wedding and Sustainable Event Planner
- Organic Farm
- Gift Basket Service
- Pedicab Company
- Used Books Vending Machines
- Organic Day Spa
- Restaurant Food Delivery Service
- Used Bicycle Retailer
- Landscape Maintenance in Arid climates
- Organic Food Delivery Service
- Outdoor Gear Consignment Shop
- Eco Concierge Service and Relocation Specialist
- Organic Community Supported Agriculture
- Sustainable Property Management
- Residential Solar
Get a customized report on the Cost of Solar for your business or home today!