How to Have a Greener Trade Show Experience
Let’s face it – trade shows are known for the amount of unnecessary waste that they create. Right from the many food samples to those huge number of promotional items – it is a real mess that is not doing any good for the environment. Going green is definitely something that you […]
Social Media Strategies from Dun and Bradstreet
“A lot of small businesses are pushing messages out all the time and not getting any results”, according to Dustin Luther, director of Social Media at Dun and Bradstreet Credibility Corp. “How do you cut through the noise, and put a plan together for yourself that works for your business?”
Cut through the noise
Five Common Green Marketing Challenges and How to Overcome Them
If your business promotes or creates green products and services, green marketing is part of your everyday life. But there are some common problems that occur specifically for businesses which are trying to go green and get their customers to do so as well. As you’re putting together your marketing plan, it’s worth your while […]
Webinar: Green Marketing Communications
Getting the crux of your sustainability goals and business purpose across in clear, simple terms can help you obtain new clients and retain others.
Marketing Communications–Your Lifeline to Success
When asked “What do you do?”, what do you say? If you can’t do it in 15 seconds or less, you risk […]
How do you “hang up a shingle” if you’re not a brick and mortar business?
Marketing a taco stand is, in a strictly hypothetical sense, simple. You find a place, set up your operation, and hang up a sign that says, “Tacos”. People get it, will likely try out your cuisine, and if they like it, tell their friends and probably yelp about it, too.
Marketing other […]
Coming into a medical office can cause anxiety for some … and be a calming influence for others. The former is often referred to as “White Coat Syndrome,” where people’s blood pressure is consistently measured higher in a medical office than in a normal setting. The latter tends to occur […]
How to Market a Green Business
Too many green business owners approach their customers with the assumption that people will buy their product or service just because doing so is the responsible thing to do. Good marketing efforts, whether for LOHAS consumers or not, must always start by putting the personal interests of the buyer first.
That is one of the […]
Growing Entrepreneurship Among Networking Gurus in the Green Community
Networking and word of mouth is often described as the best advertising money can’t buy. It’s also often described as the best advertising…period. Some entrepreneurs have found that their best advertising turns into another business.
Take Green Drinks, for example. Green Drinks is a social networking group that brings folks who […]
Get your signed copy of
Build a Green Small Business (McGraw-Hill)!
Or...talk with the author!
Click here to schedule an hour consultation.
- Green franchise opportunities:
- Healthy Fast Food
- Farmer's Market
- Personal Trainer & Diet Planner
- Juice Bar and Smoothie Café
- Green Building Materials Store
- Permaculture and Urban Farming
- Edible and Organic Floristry
- Energy Efficiency Auditing
- Ecotourism and Sustainable Travel Planner
- Sustainable Coffee House
- Consignment Shop for Kids Clothing & Toys
- Natural Foods Co-op
- Sustainable Food Prep and Cooking Instruction
- Food Plant Nursery
- Mesh Network Telephone and Internet Company
- Drive-thru Coffee Stand & Espresso Shop
- Eco-Friendly House Cleaning Service
- Organic Backyard Garden Landscape Design
- Green Bed and Breakfast (B&B)
- Sustainable Mobile Food Vendor
- Biodiesel Cooperative
- Eco Friendly Pool and Spa Cleaning
- Green Wedding and Sustainable Event Planner
- Organic Farm
- Gift Basket Service
- Pedicab Company
- Used Books Vending Machines
- Organic Day Spa
- Restaurant Food Delivery Service
- Used Bicycle Retailer
- Landscape Maintenance in Arid climates
- Organic Food Delivery Service
- Outdoor Gear Consignment Shop
- Eco Concierge Service and Relocation Specialist
- Organic Community Supported Agriculture
- Sustainable Property Management
- Residential Solar
Get a customized report on the Cost of Solar for your business or home today!