Robert Bailey is a Capital Broker/Advisor to entrepreneurs and innovators in the renewable energy & biofuel industry, author, speaker on financing entrepreneurship and innovation. Rob often speaks about reverse engineering your way to “common sense” solutions. And having one or more “Plans B.” He is also the founder and producer of SourceNewport, the economic think tank and conference on sustainable historic & urban development. He is the producer and host of the Solutions Radio program, and the author of “The Billionaires Little Black Book.”
What industries are you seeing as particularly relevant toward solving our global economic and environmental challenges?
Generally, manufacture and distribution… industries that add (actual) value.
Lack of capital for inception, expansion, and growth is frequently cited as the number one problem facing entrepreneurs.So if we want to see green economic development, it’s obviously paramount to get funding to entrepreneurs working in biofuels and other clean energy projects. Can you give readers an idea of how you help make that happen?
Perhaps more than ever you need a meeting of the minds on how the project will achieve both parties needs. In many ways it then parallels adult life. Meet. Date. Test. Marry. Start again if necessary with a new partner.
What’s the biggest challenge you face as a Capital broker and advisor to these folks?
RB: Coordinating uncertainty and replacing it with better alternative solutions. Quickly.
What do you wish people knew before they even came to you?
RB: How to laugh.
People can submit their ideas to you through your website, www.TrustedAdvisory.com. What advice do you have for folks who want to work with you in this way?
RB: Answer these two questions before you contact us: What is the (specific) problem you are going to solve? And how are you going to do it?
Thank you so much for your time and your critical advice for social entrepreneurs, Robert. I see that you were one of the founding members of the environmental advocacy group Surfrider Foundation’s New York chapter. When are you coming out west to surf with the GreenBusinessOwner.com team?
RB: Is that an invitation?
SC: Any time! 🙂
Scott Cooney (twitter: scottcooney) is an adjunct professor of Sustainability in the MBA program at the University of Hawai'i, green business startup coach, author of Build a Green Small Business: Profitable Ways to Become an Ecopreneur (McGraw-Hill), and developer of the sustainability board game GBO Hawai'i. Scott has started, grown and sold two mission-driven businesses, failed miserably at a third, and is currently in his fourth. Scott's current company has three divisions: a sustainability blog network that includes the world's biggest clean energy website and reached over 5 million readers in December 2013 alone; Pono Home, a turnkey and franchiseable green home consulting service that won entrance into the clean tech incubator known as Energy Excelerator; and Cost of Solar, a solar lead generation service to connect interested homeowners and solar contractors. In his spare time, Scott surfs, plays ultimate frisbee and enjoys a good, long bike ride. Find Scott on Google Plus
- Green franchise opportunities:
- Healthy Fast Food
- Farmer's Market
- Personal Trainer & Diet Planner
- Juice Bar and Smoothie Café
- Green Building Materials Store
- Permaculture and Urban Farming
- Edible and Organic Floristry
- Energy Efficiency Auditing
- Ecotourism and Sustainable Travel Planner
- Sustainable Coffee House
- Consignment Shop for Kids Clothing & Toys
- Natural Foods Co-op
- Sustainable Food Prep and Cooking Instruction
- Food Plant Nursery
- Mesh Network Telephone and Internet Company
- Drive-thru Coffee Stand & Espresso Shop
- Eco-Friendly House Cleaning Service
- Organic Backyard Garden Landscape Design
- Green Bed and Breakfast (B&B)
- Sustainable Mobile Food Vendor
- Biodiesel Cooperative
- Eco Friendly Pool and Spa Cleaning
- Green Wedding and Sustainable Event Planner
- Organic Farm
- Gift Basket Service
- Pedicab Company
- Used Books Vending Machines
- Organic Day Spa
- Restaurant Food Delivery Service
- Used Bicycle Retailer
- Landscape Maintenance in Arid climates
- Organic Food Delivery Service
- Outdoor Gear Consignment Shop
- Eco Concierge Service and Relocation Specialist
- Organic Community Supported Agriculture
- Sustainable Property Management
- Residential Solar
Get a customized report on the Cost of Solar for your business or home today!