Biomimicry’s Example for Your Productivity
There are a lot of resources out there that characterize what makes a successful entrepreneur. We’ve surveyed many throughout the years and talked to well over a thousand green business owners. One of the most powerful lessons is to think like a natural system. Or like a fish. Whatever’s easiest to channel for you.
Successful entrepreneurs possess many common traits: creative, idea-driven, optimistic, visionary, tenacious, willing to take risks, and hard working. While developing a budget may seem counter to many of those characteristics, it is essentially the blueprint of your operation and can actually be a powerful tool for helping you realize the design of […]
Starting a Green Business–Why Now is a Great Time
Videos from our online class with Jeff Hollender, founder and former CEO of Seventh Generation.
Is now a good time to start a green business? In this two part video excerpt from our Level 1 Workshop, GreenBusinessOwner.com Principal Scott Cooney, in conversation with Jeffrey Hollender, former CEO of Seventh Generation, tackle this question and give […]
Recently, I (SC below) had the pleasure of conducting an interview with Jeffrey Hollender (JH below), Co-Founder and former CEO of Seventh Generation as well as co-founder of the American Sustainable Business Council as part of our sustainable business strategy series on GreenBusinessOwner.com. Mr. Hollender has a new […]
Looking for gold in them there green hills?
You’ve probably heard that green is gold. While nothing is quite that easy, the business case for green is solid, and its fundamentals extremely strong. A green business is not much different than a conventional business in many ways: you still have to create […]
Though banks and other traditional lenders are unlikely to lend to startups, there are many potential sources of funding for a business in its startup or infancy period. Perhaps the most frequent is borrowing from friends and family. It’s a delicate subject. Here, we offer some accumulated wisdom from professionals in the fundraising industry about […]
“Start a Green Business” Series: Farmer’s Market
Farmer’s markets are usually open-air, outdoor gatherings where growers and producers can sell their crops directly to consumers, as opposed to selling them to a grocery store. Accoding to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), the explosion in the number of farmer’s markets continues despite the […]
Become a Green Business Consultant
For a professional with the
right skill set in business, ecology, environmental studies,
sustainable construction, or science, becoming a Green Business
Consultant could be a rewarding move in many ways.
My family and I recently returned from a trip to Southern California.
In our travels, I was pleasantly […]
Get your signed copy of
Build a Green Small Business (McGraw-Hill)!
Or...talk with the author!
Click here to schedule an hour consultation.
- Green franchise opportunities:
- Healthy Fast Food
- Farmer's Market
- Personal Trainer & Diet Planner
- Juice Bar and Smoothie Café
- Green Building Materials Store
- Permaculture and Urban Farming
- Edible and Organic Floristry
- Energy Efficiency Auditing
- Ecotourism and Sustainable Travel Planner
- Sustainable Coffee House
- Consignment Shop for Kids Clothing & Toys
- Natural Foods Co-op
- Sustainable Food Prep and Cooking Instruction
- Food Plant Nursery
- Mesh Network Telephone and Internet Company
- Drive-thru Coffee Stand & Espresso Shop
- Eco-Friendly House Cleaning Service
- Organic Backyard Garden Landscape Design
- Green Bed and Breakfast (B&B)
- Sustainable Mobile Food Vendor
- Biodiesel Cooperative
- Eco Friendly Pool and Spa Cleaning
- Green Wedding and Sustainable Event Planner
- Organic Farm
- Gift Basket Service
- Pedicab Company
- Used Books Vending Machines
- Organic Day Spa
- Restaurant Food Delivery Service
- Used Bicycle Retailer
- Landscape Maintenance in Arid climates
- Organic Food Delivery Service
- Outdoor Gear Consignment Shop
- Eco Concierge Service and Relocation Specialist
- Organic Community Supported Agriculture
- Sustainable Property Management
- Residential Solar
Get a customized report on the Cost of Solar for your business or home today!