Specialty advertising is a popular form of sales promotion designed to increase public recognition of a business’ name.
Companies create various types of merchandise that display their names, logos and contact information — anything from T-shirts, hats and bags to drinkware, key chains, magnets and pens — to try and […]
Public Relations is one area where sustainable businesses have a tremendous advantage over conventional counterparts. As cutting edge businesses that are more selflessly focused not just on their profits but on society, the local economy, and the environment, sustainable businesses make a great story for news and media organizations.
How successful can a good press […]
As a marketing tool, networking is a great outlet for making ‘ideal’ connections for small businesses. What’s an ideal connection? Perhaps an analogy will help elucidate the term. You’ve probably heard the following saying:
Give a man a fish and you’ve fed him for a day.
Teach a man how to fish […]
The most powerful tool for marketing your business? You.
Get in front of like-minded business professionals who have the authority to make spending decisions for their companies, and if your communications are strong enough, you’ll likely find your client list growing.
At GreenBusinessOwner.com, one of the things we do in the communities we serve […]
Counterintuitive strategies for eco-entrepreneurs during a recession
Everyone’s cutting spending. Everyone’s cutting payroll. Everyone is hunkering down for the Great Depression. Why should your green business be any different?
Here are some counterintuitive strategies for keeping your company strong during this recession.
1. Go over the top with customer service.
Businesses will be tempted to cut […]
Too many green business owners approach their customers with the assumption that people will buy their product or service just because doing so is the responsible thing to do. Good marketing efforts, whether for LOHAS consumers or not, must always start by putting the personal interests of the buyer first.
That is one of the […]
Networking and word of mouth is often described as the best advertising money can’t buy. It’s also often described as the best advertising…period. Some entrepreneurs have found that their best advertising turns into another business.
Take Green Drinks, for example. Green Drinks is a social networking group that brings folks who […]
- Green franchise opportunities:
- Healthy Fast Food
- Farmer's Market
- Personal Trainer & Diet Planner
- Juice Bar and Smoothie Café
- Green Building Materials Store
- Permaculture and Urban Farming
- Edible and Organic Floristry
- Energy Efficiency Auditing
- Ecotourism and Sustainable Travel Planner
- Sustainable Coffee House
- Consignment Shop for Kids Clothing & Toys
- Natural Foods Co-op
- Sustainable Food Prep and Cooking Instruction
- Food Plant Nursery
- Mesh Network Telephone and Internet Company
- Drive-thru Coffee Stand & Espresso Shop
- Eco-Friendly House Cleaning Service
- Organic Backyard Garden Landscape Design
- Green Bed and Breakfast (B&B)
- Sustainable Mobile Food Vendor
- Biodiesel Cooperative
- Eco Friendly Pool and Spa Cleaning
- Green Wedding and Sustainable Event Planner
- Organic Farm
- Gift Basket Service
- Pedicab Company
- Used Books Vending Machines
- Organic Day Spa
- Restaurant Food Delivery Service
- Used Bicycle Retailer
- Landscape Maintenance in Arid climates
- Organic Food Delivery Service
- Outdoor Gear Consignment Shop
- Eco Concierge Service and Relocation Specialist
- Organic Community Supported Agriculture
- Sustainable Property Management
- Residential Solar
Get a customized report on the Cost of Solar for your business or home today!